Thanks to the unseasonably mild weather we’ve enjoyed this autumn, it’s easy to forget that winter, and all the potential havoc it can wreak, is soon to follow. It’s hard not to feel that our weather has become more unpredictable and freak storms just aren’t, well, freakish any more. As a small business owner, you already know to expect the unexpected and will have contingency plans to cope with all sorts of emergencies, but it’s important to make sure this includes effective back-up for your IT processes.
Most businesses today, no matter how small, rely heavily on IT to keep their operation running efficiently and any downtime can be extremely costly. The chance of a disruption is always higher in winter due to a number of factors, such as heavy snowfall preventing you or your staff getting to the workplace, or localised flooding caused by heavy rain or a burst pipe.
So what can you do to make sure you’re ready for winter?
- Check to see whether your business premises is at risk from flooding by calling the national floodline on 0345 988 1188, or by checking the government website.
- Make sure that you have reliable off-site back-ups in place for your systems so that no matter what happens to your office computers, you won’t lose any vital information or client data.
- Ensure that you have adequate remote working facilities so your operation won’t be interrupted because you can’t get to the workplace.
- Have an uninterruptable power supply (UPS) in place to cope with short or long-term outage. A UPS is a battery that will run your computers, server, and all other IT processes.
- Make sure everyone knows what to do in the event of a disruption.
Here at Absolutely PC, we specialise in working with all kinds of small businesses; we know what makes them tick, and like to help keep them ticking with our expert IT support services. We can help you to make sure any winter-related disruptions aren’t a disaster for your business by providing the right kind of back-ups, UPS, and remote working capability you need. To find out more or for a free, no-obligation quote, please call us today.